How does solar work
Solar is a renewable energy resource that uses photovoltaic (PV) systems to create electricity. A solar PV system uses light to generate electricity, which you can then use to power your home or office, reducing your bills and your impact on the environment.
- The sun's light (photons) is absorbed by the solar panel.
- The silicon and conductors in the panel convert the light into Direct Current (DC) electricity, which then flows into the inverter.
- The inverter converts the DC into Alternate Current (AC) electricity, which you can use in your home.
- Any additional electricity that's not used by your home is fed back into the grid.
- Electricity is drawn from the grid when you need more power than your solar energy system can produce